Monday, March 18, 2013

The Fun Side of Easter...


     For those of us who take part in this very special celebration within our religious faith - there  is also a fun side to it.  I made a visit to the Niagara Candy Factory Outlet today to pick up some very Delicious chocolate candy.  It is such a treat to go to the factory's store - it smells so good, they give out samples and it is so much fun to look at a whole store of chocolate!!! I feel like a little kid walking through this store - thinking to myself - who would buy such BIG chocolate bunnies - and who could eat that much chocolate!! While shopping I entered to win a 36 inch bunny - wouldn't that be fun!!!!!  Even though my son is a young adult - he always looks forward to having an Easter Basket.  Starting at the age of 2 years old and each year after - for the past 16 years I made up a basket for him to enjoy.  I continue to avoid all candy - just enough to enjoy a little - and then a few fun items that can be used as a reminder how thankful we are to have him in our lives.

     I believe that there is a very large Bunny living in our back yard. I noticed his tracks this past week and was able to take picture of them. Maybe he is the Easter Bunny - busy getting ready to fill special baskets for all the wonderful children in the neighborhood!

     Easter Baskets, egg hunts, memory of our childhood Easter bonnets and a new dress, Easter Mass and the beautiful spring flowers - all remind me of Gratitude.

      "Gratitude is the memory of the heart." J. Baptiste



No comments:

Post a Comment