Friday, March 15, 2013

Garden of Life...

       We are all thinking of the first offical day of Spring with it only being 5 days away!  At present it is snowing here in Buffalo, NY.  As I look out I see the green tops of Spring flowers just above the cold ground - serving as nature's reminder it is truly almost Spring!  One of our neighbors left for Florida for 6 weeks. She commented that she misses seeing the spring flowers come up.  So one day earlier this week I was driving past her house and noticed a small yellow flower in bloom in one of her flower beds.  I went home and got my IPad and took this picture so I could show her this beautiful flower when she returns home.

 
One of best part of Spring is thinking about your garden.
 
A good friend sent me this verse on how to plant your Garden of Life...
 
First, you come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses...
For the Garden of your Daily Living...
Plant three rows of Peas:
1. Peace of mind, 2. Peace of heart and 3. Peace of soul
Plant four rows of Squash:
1.Squash gossip, 2. Squash indifference, 3. Squash grumbling 4. Squash selfishness
Plant four rows of Lettuce:
1. Lettuce be faithful, 2. Lettuce be kind, 3. Lettuce be patient and
4. Lettuce really love one another
No garden is without turnips:
1. Turnip for meetings, 2. turnip for service and
3. Turnip to help one another
To conclude our garden we must have Thyme:
1. thyme for each other, 2. Thyme for family and
3. Thyme for friends
Water freely with Patience and Cultivate with love.
There is much fruit in you garden because you reap what you sow.
 
I used this verse for several years at my desk at work and found it a helpful reminder of the important things in life.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment