Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Bookmarker

I love to read.  I received an e-reader two years ago - and it has been so much fun to use. I love carrying around over 100 books!!!  I am old fashion by nature - and still enjoy a hardcover book - sometimes finding one while shopping, in the used book nook at our village library and recently - while browsing through an antique mall. I found an old book that I used for several crafts - finding special quotes and verses that I attached to something I made. When choosing a book for myself - I like to select one that is not so popular but sparked an interest.  Reading is relaxing for me.


When I retired - I made a bookmark for each of my staff and several "special" support staff - I think about 40 in all.  I hoped it would remind them how I appreciated their hard work and support throughout my employment while sharing a part of myself.  Each bookmark had special craft paper( flowers for the women and something alittle more neutral for the men) with the staff's initial and a special quote on the back. Then I laminated them.  After two years - I wonder if those I have not spoken to are remembering me  or even using those lovely bookmarks? 

Here is the quote I used:

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." C. Eliot.


No comments:

Post a Comment